What to do after anesthesia? | Dogalize
A few tips to help your dog after anesthesia:
– Once home, keep your dog in a quiet, comfortable and soflty-lighted place.
– Keep him away from any external incitement, such as children or other pets, and let him rest.
– Give him food and water a few hours after he wakes up.
-For the next few days, try to avoid stairs, runs and jumps, especially if he underwent abdominal or orthopedic surgery.
– Usually, 24 hours of rest are enough to get your dog completely recovered, but should you see him stumbling or stunned, don’t let him alone.
– Do not let your dog lick the wound and check that it’s not swelling or bleeding.
– Usually, stitches can be removed 7-10 days after surgery
For more advice please contact Dogalize Vet USA