How To Teach Your Dog To Climb Stairs
Dogs are often scared of steps and stairways, especially when they are puppies. But how you can teach them to be not afraid? And how they can learn to climb and descend stairs? Here are a few tips to teach them to climb and descend stairs.
Some tips To Teach Your Dog To Climb Stairs
- When introducing your pup or dog to steps, work gradually to build confidence. Start with just approaching the stairway.
- Reward your dog for any show of progress, no matter how small it is.
- You can use tasty treats or a favorite toy as a lure, placing one on the “target” step as you work with your dog.
- After the dog shows signs of comfort with approaching the steps, practice going up one step. Then turn and go back down the step. Practice this several times and repeat the process increasing gradually the number of steps.
- Be patient and do not rush the process, otherwise you risk a setback.
Please note that some trainers suggest advancing on the steps beside the dog. Others suggest staying just behind the dog. Try both ways.
Fore more info please contact un at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you’re curious about any news concerning dogs and other animals’ lifestyles, visit our website! Dogalize is the best pet social network. Share photos, videos and thoughts, and find many services to live at the best your daily life with your puppy. You will find for free, by chat or videocall, our vets and trainers for a free advice; the Dogalize Maps to find and contact all pet-friendly activities that are located near to you (like hotels, restaurants, pet-sitters, trainers, beaches, parks…); the Dogalize Shop and much more. Register for free on www.dogalize.com or download the free Dogalize app!