Tasty Recipes: A Fit And Healthy Meal | Dogalize
Keep your dog fit and healthy with this cheap and easy recipe full of fresh veggies!
– 1 1/2 cups brown rice
– 1 tablespoon olive oil
– 3 pounds ground turkey
– 3 cups baby spinach, chopped
– 2 carrots, shredded
– 1 zucchini, shredded
– 1/2 cup peas, canned or frozen
– In a large saucepan of 3 cups water, cook rice according to package instructions; set aside.
– Heat olive oil in a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add ground turkey and cook until browned, about 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble the turkey as it cooks.
– Stir in spinach, carrots, zucchini, peas and brown rice until the spinach has wilted and the mixture is heated through, about 3-5 minutes.
– Let cool completely.
You get a complete and balanced meal with 50% protein, 25% veggies and 25% grains. Once you’ve made your batch, you can divide them up into single servings, note the date, and freeze it.
If you’re curious about any news concerning dogs and other animals’ lifestyles, visit www.dogalize.com!