Has your pet the fever? It is always important to be attentive to the health of dog, your cat or your pet usually because they do not have the ability to manifest when they have a fever or any discomfort.
It is always important to be attentive to the health of your dog, your cat or your pet usually because they do not have the ability to manifest when they have the fever or any discomfort.
Veterinarians say dogs have a temperature range varying between 38.5 and 38.8 degrees. According to veterinarians, sometimes the dog‘s temperature may increase due to an infection or a failure of the immune system, which causes fever to your pet, which will require a visit to the veterinarian.
The most important thing is to recognize if your dog and four-legged best friend really has the fever!
We leave some tips in order to understand if your pet, being it dog, cat or other animal, needs a veterinary visit; obvious symptoms of fever in pets are:
– Hot and dry nose to the touch or teary cloudy eyes;
– Listlessness, lack of appetite and nervousness
– Tremors, when the temperature is too high
Veterinarians say that to confirm the fever in your dog or cat is advisable to use a digital thermometer, which should be introduced into the rectum of the dog or cat while it is standing.
What veterinarians say in cases of fever in the dog and cat or other pet:
Vets say that hydration is essential, so you can give your dog to drink water or beef broth or chicken.
– If he shakes you must cover him with a blanket and stay at his side to comfort him
– A warm bath can help lowering the temperature
– A cloth with cool water for his belly and face is also a good choice
– Check his nose constantly, it will help you know if the fever goes down
If you notice that the status of your pet is getting worse, take it to the veterinarian urgently.
If you want more news on diseases not hesitate to contact our vets in Dogalize, if you are interested in finding the veterinarian closer to home visit veterinary clinics in the Dogalize Maps