Pet safety: 7 tips to survive a storm, a real problem in particular in those days into United States!
Storms are a real problem nowadays, mainly in the north of the United States; for pet safety reasons here we give you 7 advices to help your pets get along during a storm.
Pet safety: our tips!
So, here we are: these are our pet safety tips to help our furry friends to stay safe during storms!
- Keep animals indoors, especially if they are puppies, or kittens. Also if they’re elderly animals, small breeds or short-haired pets.
- Wipe accurately your dogs‘ or cats‘ feet, paws, belly and legs after all walks; the chemicals on the streets poured to melt the ice are really dangerous.
- Stock up on pet food and medicines that your pet could need, and be ready with a coat if your pet needs it.
- Make sure your pet wears identification at all times
- Have ready leashes, carriers and water. Make sure your pet feels comfortable by knowing its hiding spots.
- After a heavy snowfall, make sure that your dog wears a leash; this will prevent it from running away and get lost.
- Increase the quantity of pet food during the storms: animals use more calories to stay warm!
Follow those advices and nothing bad will happen.
Dogalize is the best pet social network. Share photos, videos and thoughts, and find many services to live at the best your daily life with your puppy. You will find for free, by chat or videocall, our vets and trainers for a free advice; the Dogalize Maps to find and contact all pet-friendly activities that are located near to you (like hotels, restaurants, pet-sitters, trainers, beaches, parks…); the Dogalize Shop and much more. Register for free on www.dogalize.com or download the free Dogalize app!