National Cat Day is a celebration that takes place in the United States on October 29 of every year. The celebration was founded by Colleen Paige, which is also the founder of National Dog Day, National Puppy Day, and National Pet Day.
About the celebration
The celebration is supported by the American Society for the prevention of cruelty to animals, a nonprofit organization that also works in promoting adoption of cats.
During the celebration, founders seek to educate people regarding cats. The idea of the celebration is to “partake in the wonderful world of cats and put the plight of cats in shelters, center stage.” People in charge of fostering the celebration seek to make people look at their cats differently.
They believe that cats are the most wonderful animals in the world. Every cat should have a warm home where he is cared for, pampered, and loved. The celebration is also a good opportunity for adopting instead of buying. Besides this, potential owners are made aware of the responsibilities that opening your heart and home to a cat entail.
Ways to celebrate National Cat Day
The website proposes people around to the world many ways in which they can celebrate National Cat Day. Some of the most interesting and fun are:
- Adopt a cat from a shelter.
- Find your welfare organization and donate blankets, toys, etc.
- Volunteer at your local shelter and offer help to take care of cats, clean cages, etc.
- Bake some cat-shaped cookies for the kids and some tuna cookies for your cat. This sounds like fun!
- Take the day to take picture of your cat and post them on social media.
- Buy your cat a fun new toy, soak it catnip, and make your cat happy.
- Founders of National Cat Day sell shirts for the event. Sport one on that fancy pictures you took for Dogalize!
- Since it is all about cats, dress in any cat attire you have.
In Dogalize, we have amazing resources for you and your cat. Check out all the amazing information we have to help you take better care of your warm ball of fur.