Most popular and loved cartoon cats
Cartoon cats are another proof of how much we love cats. These are animated representations of felines that display their characteristics in a rather humorous way. We all grew up watching the delightful cartoons involving cats.
As a consequence of having a cat in a cartoon, there was usually a mouse or a Tweety bird. They are typically displayed as antagonists to mock at. Let´s take a look at some of these fictional cats.
Most popular cartoon cats
These are probably those cats that we grew up with. They found themselves in the most unusual situations that made us crack many laughs.
- Tom cat. Thomas “Tom” Cat is the star cartoon cat of Metro-Goldwyn-Meyer from the series Tom & Jerry.
- Garfield. Comic strip created by Jim Davis that tells the story of the main character, the dog Odie, and their owner, John.
- Tigger from the Winnie the Pooh series.
- Simba from Disney´s The Lion King franchise.
- Sylvester J. Pussycat. The Tuxedo cat from the Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies series.
- Puss in boots, intrepid and witty cat created by the Brothers Grimm.
- Mufasa, Simba´s father from Disney´s The Lion King.
- Cheshire cat, made popular by Alice in Wonderland.
Classic cartoon cats
We now go to the classics that even though are pretty old, they still remain successful.
- Krazy Kat is a successful cartoon cat with over 100 years of age.
- Felix the Cat was the first sensation, even before Disney. His first appearance goes back to 1919.
- Top Cat is the most famous cat in the Hanna-Barbera empire. It stayed on TV from 1950 to the 1990s.
- Fritz the Cat first appeared in 1965.
- The Aristocats is the only Disney film dedicated to celebrating cats.
We must mention here that Tom, Sylvester, and Garfield are considered classic cartoon cats.
Maybe we just took you on a stroll through Memory Lane. Here in Dogalize we care about your cat too. Visit us and check out all the information and resources we have for you and your cat.