Cat sleep next to me
That four-legged furry little psycho you have for a pet is really an adorable lump in need of affection. Have you ever wondered, “why does my cat sleep next to me?” The short answer: love. Now, cats sleep around 12-15 hours a day.
If some of this sleeping is done during the night, they will go and cuddle up on or next to you. Cats love to do this. They especially love the warmth and protection that our bodies offer. But are there any other reasons for “why does my cat sleep next to me?”
Why does my cat sleep next to me?
There indeed are some other reasons why our feline companion likes to bunker with us.
- Warmth. Cats like to find places where they can get heat so that they don’t have to use their own. During the day, your cat likes to sprawl under the sunlight. At night, no other place like next to their human.
- Love. Your cat loves you and wants to spend quality time with you. Yes, cats are capable of affection and yes, sleeping for them IS quality time.
- Security. Cats are always alert waiting for the next hoard of enemies to strike. This is why they always seem on edge. When the time for sleeping comes, they need to relax. They sleep next to their human because that helps them have the sense of security they need to take some burden off their backs.
- Comfort. Humans like to sleep comfortably with warm and cozy blankets. Cats want some of that for themselves.
- Scent. The scent of their human makes them feel comfortable and protected. Your cat wants to cuddle next to you because that is his comfort zone.
Benefits of sleeping with your cat
There are some important upsides to sleeping with your cat. Just like your heartbeat soothes them, you can peacefully find slumber at the sound of their gentle purring. Cats are small, warm, and cuddly. Their presence alone is calming and helps relieve stress.
In Dogalize, we love cats as much as you do. This is why we want you to have everything you need to give your kitty the life he deserves. Visit us and take a look at all the things we have in store for you.