Cats and food
One of the first things that cat owners are concerned about is what to feed their new companions. When you think about cats and food, you need to make a special selection that taps into your cat’s needs.
While the first thought of many is to get some commercial dry food, there are others who wonder what kind of human food they can feed cats. The answer might actually come as a shocker.
Cats and human foods they can eat
Let us begin with what are the foods that you can share with your kittie. Keep in mind that when it comes to cat and food, their diet should be nutritionally complete. But giving them a treat from your plate from time to time is actually good.
- Meat. Follow this rule when it comes to giving meat to your cat: if you can’t eat it, neither can your cat. Feed them cooked meat and never raw.
- Fish. Cooked and canned fish is great for cats. Keep your sushi away since raw fish is not a good idea either. Fish contains omega-3, which helps keep his eyes sharp, and kidneys healthy.
- Whole grains. You can put oats in the mix along with some ground meal, brown rice, wheat berries, and barley.
- Cheese. Cheese is fine for cats and you can give small pieces to your cat occasionally. Some cats cannot process dairy so you might want to be careful with that.
- Eggs. These are also a source of proteins. Just make sure that they are cooked too. Raw eggs can also harm your kittie.
Cats and food they cannot eat
Keep these foods away from your cat as they can make him sick and, in worse cases, kill him. The following foods are toxic to cats:
- Bread doughs
- Onions and garlic
- Xylitol (an artificial sweetener)
In Dogalize, we are interested in you giving your cat the life he deserves. This is why we have a vast selection of resources for you to become the best cat carer ever. Visit us to learn more.