Popular and exotic female dog names
It is exciting to get a new dog and pick the perfect name for her. When it comes to female dogs, the options seem to be more varied than for males. Plus, female dog names give more space for creativity, somehow. The following is a list of female dog names. We have selected them especially for you. Yeah, we know that not only getting yourself a new dog is exciting but calling it a name is also a thoughtful one.
The 10 most popular female dog names
The following is a list of the 10 most popular female dog names in 2016 and their meaning. These female dog names make it to this list as everyone seems to love them.
- Stella (Star)
- Bailey (sweet little girl Bailey)
- Bella (Beautiful. Italian)
- Coco (Coconut. Spanish)
- Sophie (Wisdom, wise)
- Katie (pure)
- Zoey (life)
- Molly (nickname for Mary)
- Pandora (all gifts)
- Lexi (man’s defender)
The most exotic female dog names
Ok, so now you take your female dog to the park where all the dog owners in your town take yours. Or maybe you take her to a kindergarten. When it is time to go, you call out “Princess”! and, guess what, you turn the heads of at least three more dogs. If you want your girl to carry a unique name, these are some pretty exotic names that will turn only your female dog´s head.
There are obviously a lot but we have selected our favorites for you. In no particular order:
- Mary Jane
- Blue Ivy
- Twerk (why not?!)
- Double rainbow
- Pinot (only wine lovers will get it)
- Chardonnay (admit it, you never thought this one could sound so cool for a dog´s name)
- Franciacorta (you could call her Frankie, for short, but then it kills the fun)
- Dulcinea (So when someone at the park asks you about the name, you tell the whole “Don Quixote” story and make a new friend. Score!
- Zan Zen
- Capybara (aww, cute!)
- Venezuela (Seriously, just get a map and select one!)
- Lady Hay (Ask a Latino why this one is funny.)
Stay in touch with us here and Dogalize and get tips and tricks on how to better take care of your dog. We love dogs as much as you do, so we have everything to help give them a healthy and happy life.